Syed Ali Hassan
Department of Electrical Engineering
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (SEECS)
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
NUST Campus H-12, Islamabad
Wireless Communications, Signal Processing
PhD - Electrical Engineering - Georgia Institue of Technology - USA - 2011
Syed Ali Hassan received his PhD in Electrical Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta USA in 2011. He received his MS Mathematics from Georgia Tech in 2011 and MS Electrical Engineering from University of Stuttgart, Germany in 2007. He was awarded BE degree in Electrical Engineering from National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan, in 2004. His broader area of research is signal processing for communications with a focus on cooperative communications for wireless networks, stochastic modeling, estimation and detection theory, and 5G/B5G/6G communications. Currently, he is working as an Associate Professor at the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (SEECS), NUST, where he is the director of Information Processing and Transmission (IPT) Lab, which focuses on various aspects of theoretical communications. He is also chairing the Telecommunications and Network Division at SEECS. He was a visiting professor at Georgia Tech in Fall 2017 and also holds senior membership of IEEE. He also held industry positions, in Cisco Systems Inc. CA, USA, and Center for Advanced Research in Engineering, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Editorial Services:
- Organizing Committee/TPC Chairing:
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) Member
2012 International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET 2012), 2012 IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ISIEA 2012), IEEE TENCON 2012, 2013 IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ISIEA 2013), 2013 International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (WCSP 2013), and 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Conference (PIMRC 2013), IEEE International Conference on Computer and Communications Technology (ICCCT 2013), IEEE Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT 2013, 2014, 2015), CROWNCOM 2015, IEEE IWCMC 2015, IEEE MILCOM 2015-16, VTC Spring 2017, VTC 2018, Globecom 2018, WCNC 2019 and others.
- Session Chair for 2011 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC 2011), 2013 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM 2013), 2014 IEEE IWCMC, 2015 IEEE WCNC, 2015 IEEE VTC-Spring, 2015 IEEE IWCMC.
- Technical Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on Communications, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, IEEE Communications Letters, IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Wiley Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Wiley International Journal of Communication Systems, ETRI Journal, IET Communications, Journal of Communications and Networks, and Journal of Communications, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II,
- Technical Reviewer for IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), IEEE Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications Symposium (PIMRC), IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium (RWS), and Wireless Vitae.
June 2008 - May 2011
May 2012 - Present