Faizan Elahi, Ammar Hasan, "A method for estimating Hill function-based dynamic models of gene regulatory networks", Royal Society Open Science, Vol. 5, No. 2, Feb, 2018.
Junaid Saeed and Ammar Hasan, "Control-oriented discrete-time large-signal model of phase-shift full-bridge DC–DC converter", Springer Journal of Electrical Engineering, pp. , Jul, 2017.
Turrab Abid and Ammar Hasan, "Variable frequency finite control set model predictive control of boost converter", Electronics Express, Jul, 2017.
Muhammad Aaqib Afaq, Adnan Maqsood, Shahid Ikramullah Butt, Tauseef Tauqeer, and Ammar Hasan, "Aerodynamic investigation and redesign of ceiling fan blades for enhanced energy efficiency", MIJST, Vol. 11, No. 02, pp. 97-114, Jun, 2017.
Junaid Saeed and Ammar Hasan, "Unit Prediction Horizon Binary Search-Based Model Predictive Control of Full-Bridge DC-DC Converter", IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, pp. , Mar, 2017.
Tauseef Tauqeer, Muhammad Afnan Ansari, Ammar Hasan, "Realization for low cost and energy efficient ceiling fans in the developing countries", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 76, pp. 196-201, 2017.
Muhammad Nauman and Ammar Hasan, "Efficient Implicit Model-Predictive Control of a Three-Phase Inverter with an Output LC Filter", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 31, No. 9, pp. 6075, 2016.
A. Hasan, E. C. Kerrigan,G. A. Constantinides, "Control-theoretic forward error analysis of iterative numerical algorithms", IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 58, No. 6, pp. 1524, Jun, 2013.
Abdul Jabbar Saeed Tipu, Ammar Hasan, Mohsan Jameel and Aamir Shafi, "Parallelizing Matrix Exponential based Solver on Shared Memory Systems using Cilk", Proceedings of the International Conference on Parallel Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications, Jul, 2014, Las Vegas United States.
A. Hasan, E. C. Kerrigan,G. A. Constantinides, "A discretization-based algorithm for solving a positive definite system of linear equations ", Proceedings of the 7th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM 2011), Jul, 2012, Vancouver, Canada.
A. Hasan, E. C. Kerrigan, G. A. Constantinides, "Control-theoretic forward error analysis of iterative algorithms", Proceedings of the 7th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM 2011), Jul, 2012, Vancouver, Canada.
A. Hasan, E. C. Kerrigan, G. A. Constantinides, "Solving a positive definite system of linear equations via the matrix exponential", Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and the European Control Conference (CDC-ECC 2011), pp. 2299, Dec, 2011, Orlando, United States.
A. Hasan,E. C. Kerrigan,G. A. Constantinides, "An ISS and l-stability approach to forward error analysis of iterative numerical algorithms", Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC 2010), pp. 780, Dec, 2010, Atlanta, United States.
A. Hasan,E. C. Kerrigan, G. A. Constantinides, "Quantization in control systems and forward error analysis of iterative numerical algorithms", Proceedings of the United Kingdom Automatic Control Council International Conference on Control 2010 (UKACC 2010), Sep, 2010, Coventry, United Kingdom.
A. Hasan, E. C. Kerrigan, G. A. Constantinides, "Control-theoretic approaches to forward error analysis of iterative numerical algorithms ", Proceedings of the 2nd IMA Conference on Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimisation, Sep, 2010, Birmingham, United Kingdom.
M. B. Malik, A. Hasan, N. Rehman,M. Shahzad, "State Space Recursive Least Squares (SSRLS) Based Object Tracking", Proceedings of the IEEE International Multitopic Conference 2004, pp. 180, Dec, 2004, Lahore, Pakistan.
M. B. Malik, A. Hasan,N. Rehman, M. Shahzad, "Robust Object Tracking based on SSRLS filter ", Proceedings of the International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST), 2004, pp. , May, 2004, Bhurban, Pakistan.
Assistant Professor , SEECS, NUST
April 2012 – Present (5 years 11 months )
1. ICT R&D NGIRI, Customizable and Programmable Quadcopters for
Academic Labs in Pakistan (2013)
2. ICT R&D NGIRI, UAV-UGV Synthesis for surveillance systems (2014)
3. USAID, Smart Load Enabler for Microgrids (2016-17)
4. HEC-NRPU, FCS-Model Predictive Control of Dual Active Bridge Converter (2017-2020)
PhD Thesis Supervision:
1. Model Predictive Control of Power Converters (Seema Mir Akbar, in progress)
2. Control of Power Electronic Converters (Shahab Shahid, in progress)
MS Thesis Supervision:
1. Implicit model predictive control of three phase inverter with constraints on filter current (Muhammad Nauman, 2015)
2. Efficient method for solving MPC problem for fast sampling (Armaghan Zafar, 2015)
3. Computational Efficient Direct Voltage Control of DC-DC Boost Converters using Model Predictive Control with Label Correcting Method (Muhammad Ali, 2015)
4. Efficient Model Predictive Control of Full Bridge DC-DC Converter (Junaid Saeed, 2015)
5. Design and Implementation of Energy efficient ceiling Fan (Muhammad Afnan Ansari, 2016)
6. Vehicle Routing Problem utilizing weather forecast (Husien Najmi, 2016)
7. Finite Control Set Model Predictive Control of DC-DC Modular Multilevel converters (Seema Mir Akbar, 2016)
8. Finite Control Set Model Predictive Control of Dual Active Bridge converters (Ayla Safdar, 2016)
9. Variable Frequency Finite Control Set Model Predictive Control of Boost Converter (Turrab Abid, 2016)
10. Cost based optimal load balancing in blackout affected data center network (Zohaib Hassan, 2016)
11. Modeling and parameter estimation of gene regulatory networks (Faizan Ehsan Elahi, 2017)
12. Control of coupled inductor power converters (Muhammad Armghan Mehmood, 2017)
13. MPC of non-inverting buck-boost converter (Basharat Ullah, 2017)
14. Sphere decoding based MPC of boost converter (Rizwan Amir, 2017)
15. Demand Side Management of Academic Buildings (Abdul Hafeez Abid, 2017)
16. Machine learning based MPC (Muhammad Saleh Murtaza Gardezi, 2017)
17. Demand Side Management System in Smart Grids (Nouman Ali, 2017)
18. Control of Quasi-ZS converter (Muhammad Usman Ahmed, in progress)
19. Control of Multilevel Converters for GCPS (Muhammad Bilal Satti, in progress)
20. Transformerless QZS MLI topology for GCPS (Saad Hamayoon, in progress)
21. Thesis title not finalised (Syed Qasim Shah, in progress)
22. Thesis title not finalised (Usman Ali, in progress)
23. Thesis title not finalised (Noman Jahangir, in progress)
24. Thesis title not finalised (Farrukh Zain ul Abideen, in progress)
Undergrad FYPs Supervision:
1. Agile Quadcopter 2013 (Won ICT R&D NGIRI Funding)
2. Solar Business Plan for Pakistan 2013
3. Vending Machine 2014
4. UAV-UGV Synthesis for surveillance systems 2014 (Won ICT R&D NGIRI Funding)
5. Object manipulation using coordinated multi-robot system-I 2014
6. Object manipulation using coordinated multi-robot system-II 2014
7. Buzz Wire Robot 2014
8. Car accident prevention During Medical Emergency 2015
9. Roti Printer 2015
10. Walk Car 2016
11. Vehicle Fleet Tracking System 2016
12. Smart Load Enabler 2017
13. Phase Load Balancing in Three Phase Building's Distribution Network 2017
-- Undergraduate --
1. Linear Control Systems (Fall 12)
2. Digital Control Systems (Spring 13)
3. Industrial Process Control (Fall 13, Spring 16,17)
4. Linear Algebra and ODEs (Fall 14,15)
5. Digital Logic Design (Spring 14)
6. Power Electronics (Fall 16,17)
-- Postgraduate --
7. Linear Control Systems (Fall 13)
8. Control Systems Optimization (Spring 14)
9. Optimal Control (Summer 14, Spring 16,17)
10. Optimal and Multivariable Control (Spring 15)
11. Advanced Power Electronics (Fall 16,17)
SEECS Best Teacher Award 2016-2017
Graduate Teaching Assistant , Imperial College London
January 2009 – May 2012 (3 years 4 months )
Details: Electrical Circuits Tutorial
Mathematics I Tutorials
Electronics I and II labs
Programming language lab