Current Research Projects
Switched Mode Transmitter Design using IHP's 250nm SiGe BICMOS Technology
This is a collaborated project between SEECS-NUST and IHP Microelectronics for the design and implmentation of Switched mode Transmitter for Next Generation Wireless applications. Switched Mode transmitters are highly suitable for multi-band and multi-standard radios. The efficiency of transmitters can also be significantly improved using Swtiched Mode technolgy.
Fore more details: http://amsg.seecs.nust.edu.pk
Design of Hybrid Solid State Design in Collboration with DTS Japan
The project aims to target the current bottleneck of the computing world, the secondary data storage. The idea is to intelligently use the solid state architecture in place of mechanical disks for faster and reliable access. A novel approach is adopted towards the solid state disk development leading to cutting edge research in hardware designing field.
For more details: http://www.hssd.seecs.nust.edu.pk
SCIENTIST, IHP MICROELECTRONICS
April 2008 – August 2009 (1 year 4 months )
Details: • Expertise in System Level Modeling in Matlab/Simulink
• System level simulation experience with ADS especially using communications source like 3GPP(UMTS), devised importing mechanism for importing UMTS source in MATLAB
• Circuit Modelling in Verilog-A, Measurement modules design in Verilog-A like duty, delay calculators etc.
• In depth knowledge of switched-mode transmitter architectures
• Successful system level and mathematical modeling of Novel IHP Transmitter architecture
• Understanding of DLL circuit theory and completion of DLL circuit
• 8-bit Current steering DAC
• 50 ohm Output Buffer
• Completed Layout and Post-layout simulations of DLL with phase shifter circuit
• Mathematical Modelling of DLL circuit
• First tape-out of DLL chip
• Test board design for DLL Chip
Abdulbasit, Abdullah Mansoor, "Utilization of GPRS for Telemedicine", Technocrat, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1-6, Nov, 2006.
Anam Zaman, Sumayya Shiraz,Saba Zia, Abdullah Mansoor, Farooq Ahmed, "Block Aging Prevention Technique (BAP) for Flash Based Solid State Disks", Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Computer Scence & Education (ICCSE 2011) , pp. ACC, Sep, 2011, Pakistan.
Delia Rodríguez de Llera González, Georgios Panagiotou, Xin Liu, Abdullah Mansoor, Chithrupa Ramesh, Mohammed Ismail, Ana Rusu, "A Real-Time Traffic Information System for Vehicle Navigation", Proceedings of the SDR FORUM TECHNICAL CONFERENCE AND PRODUCT EXHIBITION, No. 7, pp. N/A, Dec, 2009, Washington, USA United States.
DESIGN OF HIGH PERFORMANCE HYBRID SOLID STATE DISK, Saba Zia, Islamabad (PK); Abdullah Mansoor, Islamabad (PK); Hafiz Farooq Ahmad, Islamabad (PK); Muhammad Bilal Saqib, Lahore (PK); Arshad Ali, Islamabad (PK); HironaoTakahashi, Tokyo(JP), National University of Science and Technology (NUST), ISLAMABAD (PK); DTS Inc, Tokyo (JP), Patent Patent Appln No. 24/2011, issued Dec 01, 2010
LECTURER , SEECS-NUST
September 2009 – Present (4 years 3 months )
Details: Courses Taught: Digital Logic Design and Digital System Design
Seminar Conducted: Trends in Analog Mixed Signal and RF IC Design
a) Introduction to Cadence Analog/RF IC design Suite
b) 4 Weeks Summer School on Analog Mixed Signal Design
a) Participating in Joint Research project with IHP Microelectronics for Switched Mode Transmitter Design
b) Leading research project for the design of Hybrid Solid State Disk