1. NUST NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIP (NNBS)
NUST provides NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIPS to its selected Under Graduate and Post Graduate students of fresh entry every year on the basis of their financial need.
- The final merit for award of NNBS is generated on the basis of need of the student and his/her admission merit.
- Financial aid also depends on the availability of University funds.
- The scholarship is for on Campus duration of the programme in which the student is enrolled
CATEGORIES OF AWARD
The scholarship award is of two categories:
- Boarders (Full tuition fee waiver)
- Day Scholars (Half tuition fee waiver)
HOW TO APPLY FOR NNBS
- Sstudents may apply for NNBS on the prescribed form available on the website and send their applications to the NUST Financial Aid Office, PGP Dte through their institutions during the stipulated application period.
- Selection of scholarship awardees is completed within 3 months of the start of the academic year
- Students securing admission on open merit only are eligible for the award.
- Parents/guardian income (from all sources) of the students should not be more than the prescribed limit.
- The limit is enhanced each year to compensate for the inflation.
- Continuation of scholarship is subject to availability of funds and good conduct of the student. NNBS awardees are also eligible to avail any other scholarship that does not provide cover for the complete expenditure of their studies (Tuition Fee + Hostel + Food expenses) like PEEF Scholarship, Support from W&R Dte, PEC merit scholarship etc.
- However awardees of HEC FATA-Baluchistan Scholarship, National ICTR&D Fund Scholarship and other such scholarships will be considered ineligible for NNBS.
- The selected students remain eligible for deferment of hostel dues & food expenses to be payable after completion of degree, as per prevalent policy.
- Preliminary Selection Committee evaluates the financial need of each student on the basis of his/her application through interview and determines whether or not the candidates and their families have adequate resources to finance education at NUST.
- The financial aid office is authorized to conduct physical verification and periodic reviews of all the NNBS awardees of NUST during any time of the year.
- In case of any misrepresentation / misreporting, the student can be debarred from the programme.
- We are pleased to announce that NUST’s Need Based Scholarship (NNBS) program has been granted a Shariah compliant certificate/ Fatwa, which would enable the University to collect and disburse zakat funds from donors and spend them directly on the educational needs of students from underprivileged backgrounds.
- The University has taken all necessary efforts and precautions to ensure that the NNBS system of zakat collection and disbursement is Shariah compliant.
DETAILS OF PROCEDURES FOLLOWED IN THE FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
Requests for Need Base Scholarship are annually invited in the months of Sep- October, from students of fresh batch.
Desirous candidates initially apply to their respective institutions through applications on the prescribed NNBS form.
Upon receipt of the NNBS application forms, the Financial Aid Office, PGP Dte proceeds as under:
- Scrutiny of the forms along with their supporting documents.
- Preparation of data sheets for respective applicants to identify relationship between the total annual income of applicants’ family, total expenditures and nature of such expenditures.
- Allocation of points to individual candidates on the basis of the eligibility criteria determined in an interview of each student with the Preliminary Selection Committee and after taking into account the following factors:
- Expenses on education of other siblings.
- Evaluation/Verification of applicant assets and miscellaneous financial resources.
- Status of the father i.e. alive or deceased, supporting the family or separated.
- Support from other sources.
- Financial standing other than income.Academic result and potential.
- Conveyance Expenditure etc
- Recommendations of the Preliminary Selection Committee are put up to NUST Scholarships Management Committee for finalizing the award of scholarships.
Note: The NNBS application forms submitted with incomplete documents will not be processed. For more details please contact Financial Aid Office, PGP Dte.
2. HEC PAK-USAID MERIT AND NEEDS BASED SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Pak-USAID Merit and Needs based Scholarship Program Phase-II is focused on providing opportunities for access to higher education especially to under privileged candidates who, despite possessing academic merit, are unable to finance their education. The scholarship is not restricted to tuition only, but extends to accommodation and living expenses.
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) has approved the program at a total cost of Rs. 2,954.808 million in its meeting held on 6th September 2013. The Project is funded by Government of United States of America as Grant in Aid.
The Phase-I of the program was initiated in 2004 at eleven (11) universities with scope of 1807 scholarships. It is the pride of the program that all the scholarships are awarded, 94 percent of the scholarship recipients had graduated in the semester they expected to graduate.
To enable the academically qualified, yet financially needy, Pakistani students to continue university studies in selected private and public universities of Pakistan in the fields of Agriculture, Medical, Business, Social Science and Engineering
To enhance the institutional capacity of the Higher Education Commission of the Government of Pakistan and local public and private sector universities in designing and implementing MNBSP Phase II.
Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at undergraduate & graduate level in the Engineering & IT disciplines at NUST.
- The applicant must be a Pakistani/AJK National
- Students need to compete for securing admission in the approved discipline at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 and 5 ) and Graduate (2 Years and 3.5 years) programs
- Only those students who are enrolled in first semester/ professional year in the respective courses offered by the participating institutions are eligible to apply
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined & assessed by the financial background of his/her family
Note: 50% Female Seats
Comprehensive scholarship offered under this program provides funds for the following expenses.
- Tuition Fee
- Other Academics Costs
HOW TO APPLY
Students may apply by submitting the prescribed form in their institutions at the time of joining. The applications are scrutinized and shortlisted applications are forwarded to NUST Financial Aid Office, PGP Dte by the institutions.
3. PRIME MINISTER'S NATIONAL ICT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Prime Minister’s National ICT Scholarship Program has been a flagship HRD initiative of National ICT R&D Fund. Program’s out-reach to talented students of underserved areas has made it a true success story. National ICT R&D Fund has been a scholarship awarding partner of NUST since 2007.
Prime Minister’s National ICT Scholarship Program (PMNICTSP) is funded by National ICT R&D Fund, Ministry of Information Technology. The program covers admission and tuition fee, boarding and lodging, book allowance, food allowance and stipend for students to pursue four year undergraduate degrees offered by Pakistani Institutes/Universities in ICT disciplines.
"Having run the Program for 8 years and before going any further the need has been felt at the policy level to revamp the Program for its utmost efficacy. It is expected that through the redesign of the program, quality shall be further improved and shall have more value addition for the beneficiaries. It is due to this reason that the scholarships for the year 2015 will not be available under this Program".*
For more info please log on to www.ictrdf.org.pk
4. PUNJAB EDUCATIONAL ENDOWMENT FUND (PEEF) AND DEPARTMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (DFID) UKAID SCHOLARSHIPS
UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL SCHOLARSHIPS SPONSORED BY PEEF & DFID
Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) and Department for International Development (DFID) - UKAID have jointly offered 37 x scholarships to meritorious and needy Undergraduate students of NUST in the year 2015-16
In order to qualify to apply for the scholarship, the student must have:
- Punjab domicile
- Secured at least 60% marks in last degree final exams
- Passed the examination as a regular student from:
- Government Institution, or Continuing scholar of the respective institution
- As a Private Candidate or Private Institution (low fee private institutions)
- Monthly household income of families of the selected student is not more thanRs.30,000.
- Not availing any other educational scholarship during the respective academic year.
PEEF will pay a monthly stipend of Rs. 8800 per month to the awardees.
Details also available at http://www.peef.org.pk/COEs.asp
MASTERS LEVEL SCHOLARSHIP SPONSORED BY PEEF
Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) had allocated 45 x scholarship slots for NUST in the year 2014-15. Allocation for current year is under processing.
- PEEF will reimburse tuition fee
- PEEF will also pay scholarship stipend to the selected scholars at the following rates:
- Day scholar Rs. 3,000/- per month.
- Boarder Rs. 5,000/- per month.
- Payment of Tuition Fees 100% (As per terms of PEEF Master level scholarship policy) Both day scholars & Boarders
- Students must have Punjab domicile
- Secured at least 60% marks or a minimum CGPA 2.5 in BA/ B.Sc./ B.COM/ BS/ BBA etc. examination held in 2015 (annual) in Punjab.
- Secured admission as a full time student in the current academic year (2015-16) in one of the partner University / Degree Awarding Institution
- Students enrolled in spring/fall session (where applicable) and morning/ afternoon / evening sessions (where applicable) are also eligible to apply for PEEF Masters scholarships
- Declared monthly income of parents (from all sources) is equal to or less than Rs. 30,000/-. Children of Govt. employees in BPS 1-4 are exempted from condition of income, if salary is only source of income.
HOW TO APPLY
Fresh Entry Students i.e those securing admission in Spring/Fall 2015 can apply by submitting NNBS scholarship application forms to theirinstitutions.
Forms duly completed will be forwarded to NUST Financial Aid Office, PGP Dte in the last week of September for further Processing.
For further detail student are required to approach NUST Web Site mentioned below:-