The Internet of Things,or IoT in short, is the idea of making devices and objects smarter by hooking them over the Internet.Recent years have seen an explosive growth of IoT industry, thus fostering many new startups, targeting diverse IoT domains. One of the unique things about IoT is that you do not need heavy infrastructure or investments to start. You can start with a very low cost prototyping board and one of the popular boards in the market is Arduino. This 02-day workshop will focus on getting you up and running with Arduino quickly, so that you can understand the basic building-blocks of the IoT and yourself, program, configure and integrate them to develop IoT solutions
Lead Facilitator Profile
Dr. Zahid Anwar holds more than 15 years of experience in embedded systems design and application development. He has been a trainer for Internet of Things in the USA at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and at Saint Louis Fontbonne University. He has also successfully acquired grant funding for furthering research in cyber security considerations for IoT in the USA. Zahid has software engineering and R&D experience working for several fortune 500 companies and national labs including IBM, Intel, Motorola, National Center for SuperComputing (NCSA), xFlow Research and CERN. He has published several articles in noteworthy conferences and journals on the Internet of Things.Currently he is the Director of the Systems Research Group and a faculty member at SEECS, NUST.
- Programing IoT components: Sensors, controllers and actuators.
- Prototyping of proof-of-concept embeddd applications.
- Understanding the operational and deployment aspect such as power, connectivity and analytics
The workshop has been divided into 04 modules as follows:
- Introducing IoT opportunities and enabling technologies
- Understanding the Arduino development environment, circuitry and programming
- Interfacing of Arduino with sensors and actuators
- Building Arduino projects with web and cloud connectivity
Who Should Attend:
Students, enthusiasts, hobbyists, To-be entrepreneurs, Government and Industry professionals With a basic background knowledge of computer architecture and programming
- Registration Fee: Rs. 9000
- Students: Rs. 6000 (Limited Seats available on First-come First-serve basis)
- Includes complete IoT programming kit as a take-away and 02 lunches
View Photo Gallery