Welcome to Electrical Engineering Department
The Electrical Engineering (EE) department at NUST SEECS currently offers an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering with various specializations and a strong post-graduate program leading to PhD in Electrical Engineering. The EE department offers a broad range of EE courses, both elementary and advanced, spanning the whole gamut of EE disciplines including areas such as electronics, electrical machines, power engineering, control systems, computer systems, communication systems and networks.
The EE department aims to achieve academic and research leadership in its subject area through its well-designed curriculum (that emphasizes conceptual understanding and fosters creativity) coupled with its strong focus on research, innovation, and industry-liaison. NUST SEECS also strongly emphasizes on imbibing the graduates with sound professional ethics.
Summarizing, the broad objectives of EE department are as follows:
- To develop EE graduates having a concrete knowledge-base spanning the broad range of basic EE disciplines through a strong focus on teaching excellence.
- To develop practically skilled EE graduates who can contribute significantly immediately after graduation through a strong focus on incorporating practical skills in lab work.
- To imbibe graduates with analytical, critical reasoning, and problem-solving skills through a strong focus on fostering research and innovation.
To acquire prominence at national and international level as a unique source of quality education and distinguished research in Electrical Engineering which stimulates all to excel in their professional endeavors to emerge as winners and have a positive impact on the society.
To prepare Electrical Engineering graduates having a concrete knowledge-base, sound analytical skills, effective transferable skills, and responsible attitude through its qualified faculty, state-of-the-art facilities and enabling environment that shall empower them to undertake real world engineering problems, innovative research, and entrepreneurship.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Within five years of graduation, the graduates of SEECS Bachelor of Electrical Engineering should demonstrate:
1. Expertise in electrical engineering knowledge and tools requisite for analysis, design, and evaluation of contemporary engineering problems.
2. Responsibility towards environment, society, ethical values, and professional integrity.
3. Leadership qualities and soft skills in an organization or entrepreneurial venture.
4. Sustained Learning through professional development, self-study, and research.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Engineering Knowledge
- Problem Analysis
- Design/Development of Solutions
- Modern Tools Usage
- The Engineer and Society
- Environment and Sustainability
- Individual and Team Work
- Project Management
- Lifelong Learning