NUST School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (SEECS) Presents Professional Workshop on Antennas and Antenna Arrays at Samar Mubarakmand Research Institute of Microwave and Millimeter-wave Studies (SMRIMMS) 20-22 May 2013 (3 days) 3pm to 8:30pm
The objectives of this workshop are to train the engineers in the relevant field to enhance their theoretical and practical expertise. This is an intermediate level workshop which will enable participants, having basic knowledge of electromagnetic theory and have taken at least one course on antennas, to learn modern tools for antenna designing. The course will cover theory, design and measurement tools/techniques required to develop some specific modern RF and Microwave antennasOutline
The outline of the subjects to be covered is as follows:
- Antennas such as wire, bi-conical, spiral, planner, and horn for high power, high gain and wideband applications.
- Antennas for wireless communications such as for mobile handsets and base stations
- Electronically reconfigurable and beam steering antennas such as reflect-arrays and phased arrays.
- Hands on design labs using simulators such as CST/HFSS
- Practical antenna measurements such as matching using Vector Network Analyzer and radiation pattern measurements in the Anechoic Chamber.
- Engr. Habeel Ahmad
- Dr. Munir Ahmad Tarar
- Dr. Farooq Ahmad Tahir
- Dr. Inam Elahi Rana (Bismillah Electronics);
- Dr. Rashid Ahmad Bhatti (NESCOM)
- Mr. Ahsan Azhar
- Mr. Aqeel Ahmad Qureshi
- Mr. Muhammad Ali Khalid
- Mr. Saleem Shahid
SMRIMMS Seminar Hall and Labs, SEECS, NUST, Sector H-12, Islamabad
- Rs. 9,000/- per individual
- 10% discount for early birds (first five registrations before 5pm on 26 April 2013, with confirmed payment receipts received at SMRIMMS with time stamp and initials of the receiving person)
- 10% discount for 3 to 5 participants from the same organization
- 25% discount for 6 or more participants from the same organization
- 50% discount to NUST constituent institutions’ faculty and staff members
- 75% discount for NUST students
- NUST alumni, faculty and students of other universities and family members of NUST employees will also be eligible for 25% discount, provided there are vacant seats after the closing date for enrolment.
- Only one discount can be availed at a time.
- Any discount is available upon relevant valid proof e.g. student ID(s)
- First preference will be given to fully paid participants and discount for NUST constituent institutions’ faculty, staff and students will only apply if vacant seats are available after fully paid participants have been accommodated.
- The institute reserves the rights to cancel the workshop on any technical grounds found necessary.
Registration: Online From “RIMMS RESOURCES REQUEST FORM”
- Fill in Personal and Organizational details
- Select: Training & Short Courses
- Date: From* 20-05-2013
- Date: To* 22-05-2013
- Description: Professional Workshop on Antennas and Antenna Arrays
- Note: All other dates must be entered as 00-00-0000
Mode of Payment:
- Payment should be made in the name of “NUST-SEECS Consultancy Fund” Please pay through Crossed Cheque in the name of "NUST-SEECS Consultancy Fund" Account No. CD 22927000074501, maintained with "HBL NUST Branch Sector H-12, Islamabad"
- Scanned copy or snap (readable) of the Deposit Receipt can be emailed at contacts given below for help.
For help in registration and payment please contact organizers below:
- Mr. G. H. Asim; Tel: 051-9085-2580, Cell: 03325030573 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Syed Khawar Ali Raza; Tel: 0519085-2132, Cell: 0307-6727312 Email: email@example.com
- Engr. Habeel Ahmad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Munir Ahmad Tarar (email@example.com)
- Dr. Farooq Ahmad Tahir (firstname.lastname@example.org)